Monday, July 19, 2010

FIRST DAY OF CLASS AND FIRST ASSIGNMENT

We had an introduction to the course from 10:00-12:00. Then a hour for lunch and instead of a walking tour of the city she showed us the movie "The Girl With The Pearl Earring". I had not seen it yet, so I enjoyed it. However, I did not get coffee yet. I was very drowsy in class. After Sonya who goes to this university helped us out to see the library and printers. She showed us the best pancake house in town and a great spot for ice Koffee. Then I came back to work on a 300 word assignment worth 5%. There are four of these little 5% assignments plus the presentation of a painting for 25% and marks for attendance and participation. This was more than I wanted. There is also a bonus assignment for another 5%. Our nightly social activities are down the drain. I still hope to make good use of the weekend. Had my supper with the others in the dorm. We have people from everywhere, Germany, Alberta, Moose Jaw, Spain, Russia, and Mexico and us two Canadians in this dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment